The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has reacted to the statement made by his Vice Presidential candidate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, about the Lekki toll gate shooting during the EndSARS protest.
Recall that Baba-Ahmed, while featuring in an interview session on the Channels TV programme, Politics Today, last week, claimed the use of the word ‘massacre’ for the Lekki shooting during the October 2020 #EndSARS protest is debatable.
The assertion attracted negative comments from some Nigerians, especially the youths, who believed his statement was a denial that killings took place at the Lekki toll gate.
However, Obi, while fielding questions on the Arise Tv Morning Show programme on Monday morning, said he was hearing Datti’s statement about the Lekki shooting for the first time.
He said that so many things were done wrongly in the past and needed to be apologised for.
“I did not even listen to that; maybe I will go back and listen to everything. I must tell you, I did not listen to it; I am just hearing it for the first time. For me, there are things we need to probably open up tomorrow and look into.
“I have always said, in my reconciliation, we must go back to certain things and be able to apologise to people because things were done wrongly. There are so many things that we need to apologise for in this country”, he said.
Leave a Reply