What Soludo said about Peter Obi’s alleged investment in Anambra

Spread the love

Governor of Anambra state, Professor Chukwuma Soludo has said alleged investment of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, in Anambra state government is worth next to nothing.

Soludo made this assertion in an interview with Channels TV’s Politics Today on Thursday.

When asked his perspective on government investing outside the public sector with reference to Obi as former governor in Anambra, Soludo simply said, “I don’t know about the investment.”

“Our interview is about the 2023 budget. I’m not talking about investments of any of my predecessors. By the way the one that you talked about I don’t know about that. I think there was something I read  about somebody speculating about whatever investment. With what I’ve seen today, the value of those investments is worth next to nothing. So, let’s leave that aside,” he added.

Meanwhile, Soludo said more than 5,000 in the state will get their employment letter in few days.

He said, “We are handing out employment letter to more than 5, 000 teachers to end an era of schools without teachers.

“We are gloing to have 240 plus doctors and consultants to man our general hospitals, so if you look at the five fingers approach of our programmes we designed our budget to keep our eyes on the ball,” Soludo added.

Recall that no fewer than 6,000 out of 31,000 applicants who participated in the online recruitment examination for teachers in Anambra state scaled through.

Soludo had ordered for employment of both primary and secondary school teachers in the state school system barely two months after assumption of office to beef up teacher/students ratio in the state.

See also  How Peter Obi plans to change Northern Nigeria

The state Commissioner for information, Mr Paul Nwosu said following the recent teachers’ Computer Based Test(CBT), a total of 6,250 candidates were shortlisted for oral interview for the teaching jobs across the state.

According to him, 3,250 would be deployed to primary schools, while 3,000 would be for secondary schools, adding that the oral interviews had been scheduled to commence on the 27th of July, 2022 and would last for two weeks,.

Nwosu said, “The interviews, which will come in batches, will hold at Igwebuike Grammar School Awka; St John of God Secondary School, Awka and Anambra State Universal Basic Education Board( ASUBEB) Awka.”

Meanwhile, following the controversy that trailed the first online CBT,  Soludo ordered for its cancellation and directed that it should be repeated, with the state government bearing the cost incurred by the applicants.

The information on this website is for general informational purposes only. PeterObinews makes no representation or warranty, express or implied. This site may contain links to third-party content, which we do not warrant, endorse, or assume liability for. This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. It is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democratic, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*